Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Live

Wow, I can’t believe it has been a week since I posted last. Whew, does time continue to fly!

These last couples of weeks have begun to take a toll on my body. I have finals next week, Kade is struggling in school, all the kids have been sick (2 with a fever today!), and just trying to prepare myself for a big day next Friday. Those who are close to me know how much this is weighing on my heart and mind, but I have to do what is in the best interests of all involved…even if I feel like my heart is being torn in two.

The reason behind this post is I guess to some comical if you know me, but serious nonetheless. With our move, and all the changes and added stress I had (within the last month) started noticing I was bruising easier, feeling lightheaded more frequently, and losing weight (I have tried for years, and I stop trying and now it comes off!)

Anyway on the serious note I had a doctor’s appt today that had been scheduled for over a month. I was going back for a follow-up b/c I am having migraines more frequently. Moving on…I had myself almost convinced yesterday I was dying. Okay now that you’re done laughing I was serious. I really thought all those years of torturing my poor body had finally caught up with me.

As I went into each kid’s room last night, I finally stopped and took a breath. Something I haven’t done in the last couple of weeks. I took that moment to do what I used to before the last months chaos overcame me. I spent time rubbing chelsey’s back and talking to her, I rubbed ky’s cheek and pushed her hair away as she slept, I thought of how much my son, my beautiful son is growing into a young man, and lastly Tre. How very blessed we are as a family to invest in his life…

My point you may say? Life is short. We may not always have tomorrow. The song by Tim McGraw came to my mind…live like you are dying. On my deathbed I am not going to be thinking of laundry piled up, a dirty house, jobs, money…no I am going to be wondering if my kids know that I love them, and did I raise them to be good human beings.

Well the doctor’s visit was emotional b/c I didn’t know if she was going to send me out of there in a straight jacket or what! She looked at me and said my problem was stress. Hmmm… you think? My body is overloaded. Andy has been telling me that for weeks…

So again…I have to stop and appreciate what is going on. Some things that I put so high on my list needs to take a back seat and my family needs to come first. When I thought about leaving this earth now I realized I am so not done living and doing what God has called me to do.

Romans 12:9-10 Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. 10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How hard to live under that much worry and stress and not feel like you could share with those of us who love you. Oh, April, I am so guilty of that sometimes, too. I will pray specifically for strength and direction, although it sounds as if you already have a handle on it. Know that you and your family are loved and there is always time to listen and love.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you so much latley!!!I am having April withdraw agian!! I hope you know that just because we dont talk very much right know doesnt mean that Im not hear!! I have missed youand we need to get out and have a coffee soon!! just let me know...no pressure though...;) love you xoxox