Friday, March 7, 2008

The time is NOW


"Is child abuse a crime? This child's identity is protected because the courts may return the girl to her father, who beat her so severely she suffered brain damage"
This is so sickening, and soo unacceptable. My research paper for my COM class is, go figure, child abuse and neglect, and I cannot even express the disturbing numbers and cases I have come across. This is an epidemic, and WE all need to step up to the plate. NO child deserves this. NOT ONE!
I plead with each of you, these kids are innocent, and though it may make you sad, it should make you mad as hell! We need to come together to fight legislation, and make the parents be held accountable to the utmost extreme in these horrendous cases like the one above. How in the world could you contemplate giving this child back to its parents? It is like handing your child over to the devil...
God is my rock. He brought me through the abuse i endured. Now I am His warrior on a crusade...well it is just around my room right now, but it will become a movement. I know it...
I will not sit back and keep my mouth shut, and for those that know me, know that is the truth!
We are to help the children and widows...we are called to do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that is so sad.....I cant stand to see that and I dont even know what to begin to do. april, with everything you have been through in your life you have been knocked done hundreds of times and you just continue to get back up and " put on the armor of God" and go at life full force....I am so proud to have you in our family.Iam so proud of what you have done with your life. I hope to have the same ambition you do when i grow up. :)......AMH