Monday, November 5, 2007

Inner struggle

Psalm 13:2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?

I finished reading the complete bible a couple of weeks ago, and I began to go back over some books that I would like to study more. As I was reading last night, and fighting my frustration and obsession I read Psalms. David really struggled back and forth, but he always trusted God to save him from his despair and to serve justice.

That is a lesson I have to keep reminding myself. I am trying so hard to do the best to keep upbeat and positive, but satan has been working overtime on my mind. I have had so many moments in the last couple of weeks of just wanting to throw my hands up, b/c every where I turn it is a new battle! It is overwhelming…

I am really questioning people’s motives and empty words. I already don’t trust many, and it reflects on how many people are close to me, but I feel like actions lately reaffirm why I don’t keep to many close. The saying “keep your friends close and your enemies’ closer” springs to mind. Than on the flip side I have to not go there. God calls me to love my neighbor as myself…UGHHH Doing what is right is never simple. It is a lot of hard work.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I am struggling something awful right now with not obsessing and trusting that all things will work out the way God has planned. I am practically pleading with God to relieve the obsession.

Psalm 13:5-6 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.

1 comment:

NC said...

I just found your blog kinda by accident looking for the phrase broken cycles since that's where I'm at right now and I just want to say that I want to keep checking on your posts since they sound very interesting...