Saturday, June 2, 2007

Standing on the edge...

I have recently been reading another series written by Tim LaHaye (author of the Left Behind Series), and this one is Babylon Rising. It has been an enthralling series! I have read all 4 books in a month! Anyway there have been many issues and thoughts that have come from me reading books that make me look at life as it is instead of ignoring things I don’t want to see or deal with… (government, fuel/oil, policies, world leaders etc...)

Anyway I came across (to me anyway) two pertinent questions that honestly I think I needed to ponder. We as a society are becoming more and more accepting of just about anything, and I have to admit that I fall into that as well. I am not talking about racism or prejudice b/c I am completely against any of that talk…my children will not grow up with that ignorance and that is all it is. I am talking cults…witchcraft (Harry potter), fairies, tarot cards, psychics, astrology, Ouija boards etc. Now I never got into a lot of these things and I am very grateful, but many around me did.

I mean do I open the paper and look under my sign...well yes I have. Do I think it is a load of you know what most of the time? That would be a very big YES. I have learned whatever God has planned for my life will be with or without my consent!

Anyway, the two questions he asks are; “To what extent have I been exposed to occult-type philosophy? And two “how has it affected my thinking and daily life? These may mean nothing to anyone else, but they stuck out to me b/c things such as celebrating Halloween, and some things that I just found out with a little research on Easter…not about Jesus, but about the bunnies, colored eggs…etc. I think once your aware of something to do it just because is disobedience. I by no means am saying that anyone who celebrates Halloween is a devil worshipper! I guess when I look at the background of how it came about, and what it represents it makes it very hard to know that I am allowing my children to be apart of it. They know that they are not allowed to go as ghouls, devils…etc, but ughh where do you draw the line??

That is just my take…I just kept thinking after I read this when my children are older are they going to be even more accepting into the “worlds views” or what and who God is and wants them to do in their lives. I guess we all know what it is to worship or idolize something or someone, but even for myself I don’t think we know the depth of something’s until we really look at it, and ask those questions we really don’t even blink an eye at most of the time… Just a thought…

I just recently found out that two people that I was pretty close to are agnostic. I was disappointed b/c I know that the one was brought up in a Christian home, and I know she knows God, but she is very angry with where her life is…all I can do is pray that she will realize why she is feeling so empty.

Any thoughts on this are more than welcome
.
-A

No comments: