Monday, July 23, 2007

Love Never Fails

Love is patient, love is kind, Love does not insist on its own way. Love bears all things, believes all things, Hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. - I Corinthians 13:4-8

This will probably be the only post I post this week due to our “moving” week. Life is so very crazy, and it is so easy to lose sight. I know I talk about this a lot, but I guess we have seasons where certain issues are more prevalent. I think mine maybe an “extended” season if you will. :-)

I started reading the bible from the beginning about the middle of last year. I am currently in Corinthians. I have re-read 1 Corinthians 13 so very many times, but for some reason when I read it this time it just meant so much more. I took the time to really read it, and let it sink in.

As we entered our “new” home this weekend, I wanted to turn around and just say forget it. This is too hard. This sucks. Love is patient, love is kind. It is so much simpler to take the easy way out…or is it? As I laid my head down that night I thought through the evenings events, and realized how ungrateful I may seem to my God. It is a house…our family is what will make it a home. All of us together, working together, getting on each others nerves etc. Though certain things may seem “simpler” they are not always what is right. They may seem easier now, but the consequences of trying to take the easy way out will always come back or follow us. Love does not insist on its own way.

It is so difficult not to want to take control, b/c right now I really don’t know where God is leading each of us. It comes down to trust. Love bears all things, believes all things.

I need to remember that Chelsey’s blood work came back better…my kids are healthy, we have options, my husband still loves me. (today anyway!) Some things that are going on in our (extended family still) life that I cannot go into detail about, but just knowing this system sometimes just doesn’t work and innocent children become victims. But I refuse to give up on them. Hopes all things, endures all things.

I helped Kylee paint her room, and it was trying but fun. There were moments when me and her were on the ladder together, (scary I know) and I just smile at the memories we created. As this week continues to be stressful, crazy, and I am ready to yank my hair out or lose my temper I will remember this verse. At the end of the day… Love never fails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here you go again....:)those darn bible verses.You are so right. Your family proves that to me every time i am around. you love me and my family no matter what!!! THATS real love!!