Thursday, August 9, 2007

Comfort

2 Corinthians 1:3-5

3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 5 For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ.

Comfort...hmm that feeling has been evading me mercilessly. As I sat here tonight quietly, I started to reflect on where my focus has been once again…ME. Man, it is very hard to realize how much we tend to turn everything into a personal crisis or all about me. I do it so much, and than I just want to kick my own tail!

I came across this verse in a book I tend to read nightly or try to nowadays. I realized today in the middle of adversity, and struggle over wanting to control a situation and outcome, the light went on. I don’t and will not have control over this. I can try, but I will drive myself and everyone else around me crazy trying!

I had a peace, even if it was brief, I had it. I lost sight of what the goal of the last year has been. I became so muddled in the mess of what happened to me that I forgot that this isn’t about me. But what did happen all those years ago is to be used to help others not crawl back into my pity pot and wallow there.

There are still so many things that I really wish I could instantly change about myself, but unfortunately it isn’t that easy. It takes mucho hard work, and discipline. All the stuff we tend to run from! I guess if I were perfect than I wouldn’t realize how much I do need God to lean on. In times such as these I can only control me. I can’t force people to be, act or say anything I need or want them to say. Tough pill to swallow on some days…especially when it is family or those close to you. As I always say (just ask my kids) it is what it is…moving on.

We can’t always choose the situations that life brings us, but we can choose the attitude we will use to face them. Powerful sentence.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

You are an amazing woman and your strength is there and you are surviving as you always do. You area surviver and you know how to keep yourself afloat. God is there for you and I'm here to listen and help as much as I can. Nothing wrong with reaching out and "asking" for help. Sometimes it would be nice if those close to us would offer it but we all get wrapped up in our lives we miss the obvious. Just know we do care about you and I'm praying for your blessed peace and to keep faith always. Not many women can go through what you have and I'm proud of all you have done and will do. God loves you! And I respect you immensely. (((Hugs)))