Saturday, August 4, 2007

Trust..yet again.

Trust involves letting go and knowing God will catch you. - James Dobson

Proverbs 16:20 (NLT)
Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful.

Isaiah 12:2 (NLT)
See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.”

Proverbs 29:25 (NLT)
Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety.

As you can see from above I am once again dealing with letting go and trusting that God’s will be done. I know that I have (reluctantly) surrendered to the fact that I will probably struggle with this for the rest of my years, but I look at progress of the awareness is a plus!

I am trying desperately to make my path straight, and to follow where He leads, but people, places and things will and do become stumbling blocks for me. Fostering my nephew right now…I know it is what God has called me to do for this moment, but what will tomorrow bring? That is where the fear and anxiety tend to overrun me. I feel like I have so many balls in the air right now, and they all involve others lives. If I happen to drop one what will happen?

I have trusted God this far to do as He sees fit with the situation, and it has never happened in my timing. I have to trust whatever happens is what He intends to, but I will continue to follow my gut and my heart. I will pray till my knees hurt b/c not only does my nephew need me, my children need to see what trusting in the Lord “looks” like. The Lord commands me to teach up my children in His ways...

He who trusts in himself is lost. He who trusts in God can do all things. -Saint Alphonsus Liguori

No comments: