Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Grace like rain....

One definition of grace is-the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them. My definition goes with that, but grace to me is-my life. Grace so undeserved, but freely given.. I am in awe of things when I finally stop complaining and look around. I have been given so much, but thank God so little. No matter what i do or where I go He doesn't change...i do. Life is so full of complex issues, problems, sadness and strife that sometimes I think it is easier to focus on the negative, and ask the question if there is a God where is He? Well, for me, I have to rephrase that question even when i don't want to and ask "where am I?". He is my rock and my fortress, and I will not be shaken...I need to remember that....

Falls like rain...even when we ask for it to stop..

2 comments:

Jason said...

April-
You have taught me so much... and God has taught me so much through your life... how I can be so much more of the person God has intended for me to be on this earth.
Thank you for that.
God --thank you for Grace like rain.
Love Nettie

+h0gh+S fR0m a T33naGeR said...

Mom,
I feel like that all the time. I complain all the time (obviously you know!) and I never ever ever take time to thank GOD. I never even open my Bible anymore.. whats up with that? Life is so full of complex issues, problems, sadness, and strife (what does that word mean exactly?!)and its so hard to keep going, when your not completely leaning on him, because you feel hopeless. Trust me I know. I have been like this for a while. Mom you have tought me so much about life, and life skills, and the sadness with the dad issue, or the sport issue, i just wanted to ask you if you could help me get in the Bible more. Because i know its that persons decision, and i know i want to, but i would like you to be there helping me through it.