Sunday, April 22, 2007

Grief & Life

In some ways I look back over my last couple of posts in the blink of an eye, and everything happens for a reason and I think hmmm do you know something is coming?

Today I had to sit and hold my baby boy (yes he is 12, but he is my baby still), and explain to him that it will be okay. He lost his grandfather on his dad's side unexpectedly last night. The last couple of months have been rough on him b/c of his grandpa Jim, and now this. To look in to those sad baby blues and tell him I love him and it is all going to be okay about broke my heart in two.

It is so hard sometimes to understand the dynamic of why some people seem to be taken from us so early, and why some (mass murderers, rapists) are left here for longer. It also goes back to me saying in an earlier post I can't try to figure out God's reasoning of this...it is wayy bigger than my mind can wrap around, but it still hurts us none the less.

As I sat with him tonight and prayed with him...all I could do was tell him that his grandpa is in no pain. He is up there with God watching over him, and is awaiting the day when we will meet again. This isn't goodbye for good, just a temporary vacation of sorts.... I don't know if that helped him process this...he is hurting. All I can do is turn him over to my Lord, and keep reassuring him we are all here for him.

This reinterated to me that as his grandfather and his wife went to bed last night they had no idea that would be the last time they would together....In the blink of an eye your life can change forever...Hold on to the ones you love, and let them know you do. Don't let yourself go to bed with anger or unforgiveness on your heart...

1 comment:

susie said...

I'm so sorry for Kade. So young, so much heartache, so much to try to understand. Besides healing from the pain and loss, I will pray that God the father will wrap his arms around Kade and whisper in his ear, "It will be ok. Lean on me, I will show you the secrets of life. You can trust me."

Sue