Monday, April 30, 2007

Laughter :)

It has been awhile since I posted...I am surprised b/c I always have alot to say! It has been a little nuts in our household, which I know is nothing new, but a little more so than usual!

Most of my posts are so serious in nature...much like my personality, but I wanted to share laughter and love from this weekend. Me and the fam went out of town to see my father-in-law in the hospital he was just moved to, and it ended up being a family trip as well. We took him on a very long walk outside (it was a beautiful day), and as we walked I soaked alot of things in. I watched my hubby push his father in the wheel chair, and my love for him grew. I know that may sound strange, but seeing how he has been with his family in the last 4 months is one of the reasons I fell in love with him. (i tend to forget, and need reminders!)

It has been a lesson for my kids as well to know what it means to be there for family through the good and the not so good.

Later that evening we met up with one of my dear friends, that has stuck by my side through the good, the bad and the ugly. (i haven't seen her in 3 years)It was so different to not be focused on bills, problems etc.. We went out later with her and my brother in laws, and my hubby...can i just say that my cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. I had forgotten what it does for your mind to step away and enjoy life! Laugh...boy did I! I felt like me and the hubby were able to renew that fun side that has been so forgotten and lost with the issues that we have had to endure for the past year or so.

I know this post doesn't say much except that I can be happy sometimes! I am grateful for those I have around me, and feel blessed that I have been given the opportunity to love them all!


When I first open my eyes upon the morning meadows and look out upon the beautiful world, I thank God I am alive.
Author:
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

Jason said...

i thought i'd comment on your "food for thought" quote. i'm not sure that we should have no expectations for people just because that is the safe way to live. i think maybe there needs to be some balance between high expectations and no expectations...just my thoughts...i did a post on this a long time ago on my blog http://frontporchthoughts.blogspot.com/2006/12/expectations.html

april said...

I agree with you to a point. I have definitely chosen the "safe" path, b/c I was always disappointed. I have realized that putting your trust and faith into another human is a recipe for disaster. I agree there has to be a balance, but that is hard to do with our own selfish natures or maybe that is just me. I also know that my expectations for myself have always been beyond human capablities...Work in progress i guess! thanks for posting...i enjoy your comments :)