Wednesday, April 18, 2007

In the blink of an eye....

Today I was reminded that all the things we put as the utmost of importance can change in the blink of an eye. We are bombarded on the news and internet with the many people that lose their lives everyday...useless and senseless deaths. I can't even imagine the thought of losing one of my children. It makes it hard for me to even breath when I contemplate it...

My oldest is working on a paper for school on professions and wanting to step into the world of specializing in her disease, and I was reminded of past experiences where I thought I may never see her grow into the young woman she is. Those memories make my heart ache, but it also reminds of how grateful I am that God spared her to let me enjoy and invest in her life.

Also watching my father in law...my heart overflows with emotion, and realization of unsaid thoughts and feelings we always think we have time to express...There may not always be tomorrow... That is a very sobering thought.

I am not perfect, I make mistakes everyday, and I am a work in progress. I have much to learn, and I know that God prepares me daily for what His ultimate plan is for my life. I just hope that I realize every breath is a gift, every smile is a bonus, and that our lives are not made successful by what we do, but where our heart and relationship is with our God.

In the blink of an eye your life could change forever....

We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose- Romans 8:28

In healing of memories, I must make a choice. Will I let past hurts control me and keep me acting in self-centered ways, or will I let the peace and love of the Holy Spirit control my future? - (Dennis & Matthew Linn)
**What a deep question to ponder....

No comments: