Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Expectations...

Mark 9:35-37
35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all." 36He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, 37"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."


One major lesson that I have learned in the last year is never ever think you know where your life my lead you. I have had to learn that the twists and turns happen whether you are looking and waiting for them or not.

It has been a rough last 2 weeks, but one ever changing yet again. I think I have felt every emotion from depression, elation, anger, depression again, and than just calm. I have prayed so hard when it has come to this situation with my sister and the kids, with my lack of a job right now, my kids, my marriage, and just where God wants me right now.

I received a phone call last Friday unexpectedly wanting to know if I would take another one of my sisters kids b/c the foster parents are not working out… well I knew my husband might just collapse or want to cause bodily harm if I asked him! I sat on it for a moment, and stared out the window…

I don’t know why, but things happen for a reason. I don’t have a job right now, but this little girl needs us. I kept thinking our house is becoming jammed, I only have a car…the list goes on. Can I really give one more kid my attention? Than I started thinking what our crazy family can do for her. We may be chaos, and we argue, but we love each other. We talk the talk, now it was time to walk the walk.

My husband has been beyond wonderful. I am so very grateful for him. Than I had to ask each of my children if they had it in their hearts and sanity to do it, and I can’t even begin to express how unbelievable my children are. Their responses showed me just what they have learned this year….i was beyond proud.

So yet again, roller coaster going up! At least I know that she will be reunited with her little brother who is with us as well…

Please keep us in your prayers whoever is listening! It is much appreciated.

1 comment:

susie said...

April and Andy,

What can I do to help. Do you need clothes, equipment, food etc. I know I am not much help physically, but I do want to help. Just let me know.

MOM