Monday, October 22, 2007

In need of strength

My heart and mind are heavy tonight. I am not sure even why I am blogging except to get all of this out. This is the 2nd night in a row that my niece has been up most of the night with nightmares, and she just screams, tears her hair out, and scratches her self till she bleeds. It is such a helpless feeling to watch her. She is not even awake, but is just screaming in absolute terror.

My children are running on broken sleep, they don’t understand, and it is just very overwhelming to them and us. We want to help her, but not sure how. I called her therapist today, and she never called me back. Needless to say she will be getting a stern phone call from me tomorrow, b/c I am afraid this five year old is going to hurt herself or someone else with the rage of emotion that has bubbled to the surface.

Every time I go up there I just lay my hands on her and pray that God will give her peace and rest. This is so unfair. I know life isn’t fair, but children should never feel this way.

Please pray for strength and wisdom for all of us (especially my children) that we help her to get through this the best we can. Please pray for peace and rest for her…

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

2 comments:

susie said...

April,
It is 12:45am and I can't sleep. I will pray for all of you tonight. Remember, God knows this and he has a perfect plan. He has been faithful in the past and will continue to be faithful.

Sweet Dreams,
Sue

Jason said...

you are right...no child should ever have to go through that. you are all in my prayers....don't let go.