Monday, October 1, 2007

Here today gone tomorrow...

James 4: 13-14
Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.


That verse puts so much into perspective. All of this gone in a breath, and as I sit here sinking into my depression b/c it (I know I have said too much) just overwhelms me right now.

Every night as I lay my head down and pray for my kids and pray for wisdom I say tomorrow will be better…tomorrow comes and there is a new set of obstacles waiting to trip me up. Maybe it is my cynical view right now. Maybe I am just shutting out all the good b/c of my consuming my mind with the “crap” happening…who knows.

As I talk myself through this maybe I should see them as “opportunities” instead of obstacles. Ohh, but it is so hard to think positive when it is so easy to be negative. It is in my nature to wait for the other shoe to drop so to speak…because it usually always does…usually by the shoe store full.

He has brought me through so many storms, and I truly believe in my heart that He is carrying me now or I would not even be coherent. Telling my head to follow suit is another story.

So many depend on me to keep it together… I can’t fail them, but I can’t get so caught up in the “what ifs” that I miss the here and now.

Moving forward…one step at a time…sometimes one minute at a time…that is all I can do for today. He has promised never to forsake me…I have to trust in that.

I need to slow down…

"True faith involves doing all you can and letting God take care of the rest." God is in the small stuff… and it all matters. Bruce & Stan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you, April. But you said truth. He gives us one breath at a time to breathe, no more, no less. And in reality, he created that breath and can take it away. We so think we are in control. Ha!
But, the balancing act is, knowing he allows us choices, while fully depending on Him. I struggle too. We will keep our eyes on Him and don't look down.