Sunday, October 21, 2007

In need of faith that can move mountains

Thank you to all that have expressed encouraging words and prayers…they are appreciated more than you know.

We just finished our 2nd of 3 foster classes yesterday, and it depresses me each time we go. There are so many children in the system, and not enough loving foster homes to put them in. It amazes me the trauma that these children live daily…I remember it all to well… The pictures that they showed…I couldn’t watch. I cried, and just wanted to vomit. It brought flashbacks of my childhood up that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to handle. Parent’s that had held lit cigarettes to a child’s foot, scalding them with hot water, bruises striped across their backs, babies practically starved to death…absolutely unbelievable. Our system needs to protect these kids instead of sending them home!

It is so easy to lose faith, and lose sight of what God is capable of when you hear and see all the sadness and pain that happens on a daily basis, but that is this life now. Our society, with lack of good role models, not only the parents, but the absence of parents and grandparents for these children to lean on is unreal.

My grandmother was such an important person in my life, and taught me so much that I can’t imagine not having that, but so many children don’t have even that one person to step up and stand up for them. Sad really…what has gone wrong?

Chelsey taught my niece how to tie her shoes yesterday…she was so excited to share that with me and Uncle Andy! It about made me cry, b/c kids just need our love and encouragement to help them grow and learn.

Please continue to pray for us. My sister goes back to court tomorrow, and we are in a marathon not a sprint. There are, and going to be so many ups and downs until this is resolved one way or another…that scares me. But I have to trust God right now.

Mark 11:22-24 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.