Thursday, October 18, 2007

Moving forward...or something like that

Revelation 21:4-5
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!”

Oh, how glorious that day will be…no more pain and tears.

It has been a very long week. Exhausting emotionally and physically. My niece is settling in well. She is very guarded right now, which God only knows who could blame her. I feel very blessed to be the one who is able to invest in these children’s lives. I just hope and pray that what is best comes to fruition, and I will fight the fight until the judge says no more.

I just came from upstairs b/c I heard her screaming in her sleep…she was actually crying in her sleep. This whole situation breaks my heart. When I look at her I see me as a child, and I guess in some ways that is good for her b/c I understand what she is feeling right now.

I will say it again I have wonderful children. They have taken her under their wing, and have been amazing. This has been a lesson for them on being there for those in need, and being willing to sacrifice luxuries we all take for granted to benefit another.

The obsession has not stopped. It is so hard…I ask God everyday to take it away, but I am still white knuckling it. I can’t predict the future and I need to let it go, but knowing 4 lives hang in the balance makes it so very difficult!

Anyone that reads this (if you pray) please pray for guidance, strength, and protection for our family and these children. We are still trying to figure out some financial stuff, and it has been very taxing to say the least.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

April, you & your family are in my prayers. Keep your chin up and know that God WILL get you through this.

susie said...

still praying, still here. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

April, I have the utmost respect and love for you. Keep fighting the good fight! Love, your Aunt Patty