Sunday, October 14, 2007

Gratitude & Angels

Attitude of gratitude. I am so grateful today. My daughter Chelsey is celebrating 14 years out of transplant! How grateful I am to God that we are able to celebrate another milestone.

She is such a blessing, and looking back on where we have been with her and where she is now is an awesome testimony of God’s grace.

We also were able to experience another one of those moments of awe in God’s wonderful plan for our life yesterday during foster parenting classes yesterday. We met another couple only briefly, but unbelievable how God put’s angels in your lives when you least expect it.

During the class I asked the question of any grants or programs to help us obtain items we need for the children we are getting, b/c we are in need of bunk beds for my daughter’s room now that we are taking in my niece. Anyhow, at the end of the session this couple we had JUST met handed me a card, and left. Well I was in the middle of a conversation with one of the trainers, and I didn’t look at it until we left.

I thought me and Andrew would faint. They had handed us a check for $400 for bunk beds! I could not believe it. These people didn’t know us from Adam, but they felt compelled to help out complete strangers. It renewed my spirit. I realized there are people out there that really do care even if they are strangers.

I wanted to post a grateful post b/c lately I have tended to only show my frustration. Today I see God’s wondrous hand moving in our lives, and I am so very grateful. He is carrying us even when sometimes I choose to not see it.

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. "
~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

No comments: